The 9th International Film Festival Kratkofil Plus
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Festival dates: July 22-26, 2015
Film submission deadline: April 6, 2015
1) The Festival is comprised of the following:
- Competition section
- Side programmes
- Special programmes
- Educational programme – workshops, master class, panel discussions
2) Provisions for film selection for the competition section
The films must meet the following requirements:
- Produced after July 31st, 2013
- Duration up to 20 minutes (the festival reserves the right to consider films up to 30 minutes in duration in exceptional cases)
- Subtitled in the English language, including the films made in English but containing strong accents or specific dialects
- All applications will be processed in the selection stage, unless direct participation was agreed with the Festival management
3) Attendance of the film-maker at the festival
The directors of selected films are invited to be guests of the festival and the festival will cover the expenses of their stay (food, accommodation, VIP passes). Exceptionally, a part of the travel expenses may be covered by the festival. Expenses are covered for one person only. If the director of the film cannot attend the Festival, the invitation may be forwarded to another member of the film crew.
4) Submitting a film
To submit your film for Kratkofil Plus competition, you can use one of the following platforms:
* The amount comprises the Kratkofil Plus submission fee (€3.00) and platform fee (depending on platform).
Films from Bosnia and Herzegovina can be submitted free of charge by sending
5) Sending the selected films
The screening copy for the Festival must be made available to the Festival management no later than June 8th, 2015.
In case the copy is late, the Festival keeps the right to exclude the film from the competition and replace it with another film.
Please designate the package with “No commercial value. Cultural purposes only.” The indicated consignment value should not exceed €10.
The expenses of the consignment are covered by the sender.
The physical copy will be returned to the address listed in the entry form, three weeks after the end of the festival at the latest.
The timetable for film screenings is at the exclusive discretion of the Kratkofil Plus management. The number of screenings, dates and schedule, as well as locations are determined only by the Festival administration.
A film that has been applied cannot be withdrawn from the festival, unless the Festival management decides otherwise.
7) Jury and awards
The jury consists of internationally recognized film industry professionals and decides on the following awards:
- Grand Prix (includes financial prize, amount TBA)
- Best film awards in various categories (the number and nature of these awards is at the sole discretion of the agreement between Festival and Jury)
- Best regional film (from the countries of the former Yugoslavia)
- Audience award
Sending an electronic submission implies that the applicant has read, understood and accepted the rules of the 9th International Film Festival Kratkofil Plus in Banja Luka, and declares that the owner of the screening rights has approved the submission of the film to the Festival.
The Festival reserves the right to change these rules and regulations.